Scientist I, Pharmaceutical Development
Kezar Life Sciences (NASDAQ: KZR), a clinical stage biopharmaceutical, is seeking a motivated Scientist 1 to join our Pharmaceutical Development team. The purpose of this position is to develop preclinical and clinical formulations, and the analytical methods to characterize them, in support of our small molecule immunology and oncology programs. The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic, interdisciplinary team requiring a high degree of creativity and initiative. This is an exciting time to help drive the development of novel therapies for unmet needs in multiple indications.
- Develop small molecule HPLC and other analytical methods
- Participate in small molecule preclinical and clinical formulation design and development
- Assist in analytical method transfers, drug product manufacturing technology transfers, and other CMO/CRO oversight activities
- Prepare and characterize formulations for preclinical studies
- Manage drug product stability studies
- Keep an accurate and detailed electronic laboratory notebook
- Maintain and troubleshoot laboratory equipment.
- Additional responsibilities may be added as needed
- Degree (MS or PhD preferred) in chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, or related field with minimum 2 years pharmaceutical industry experience
- Knowledge and understanding of small molecule analytical methods development and qualification/validation, experience in GMP environment a plus
- Solid understanding of basic organic chemistry
- Expertise in HPLC and other small molecule analytical techniques
- Pre-formulation and formulation experience
- Very strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Technical writing experience such as protocols, reports, and SOPs
- Ability to communicate complex scientific findings and recommendations in one-on-one discussions, departmental meetings, and written reports.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment with multiple projects, priorities, and personalities.
- Happy to spend significant time in lab
Are you interested in this position?
For more information, please contact us at HR@kezarbio.com
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.